|Albums > Ships - Old 35mm > Goliath|
|Couple of photographs from the 1980's showing the Steam Tug, Goliath berthed alongside Malmo Quay, Newcastle Quayside.|
Built by W. Simons & Co Ltd"at Renfrew in 1946 as Empire Tessa, she was an Empire improved Stella-class Tug.
She changed her name to Eminent when transferred to the Admiralty in 1947 and served in Bermuda. Seriously damaged by fire in 1951 she was towed back to the UK for repairs.
Eventually sold to the Maryport Maritime Museum she did spend a period on the Tyne prior to being moved to Cumbria. Unfortunately she didn't go on permanent display at Maryport and was broken up at Duddon Shipbreakers Ltd Millom in 1986.